Does anyone travel to Boston
All over the world there are currently exit restrictions to contain the spread of the coronavirus. When will travel to the USA be possible again?
- Numerous flights from the USA to Europe and vice versa have been suspended since March in order to contain the spread of the coronavirus *.
- But what about future trips: When will we be able to fly to the USA again?
- Here is an overview of the latest USA travel advice.
Federal Foreign Office on vacation in USA: situation remains "unstable"
Update from June 23rd, 2020: After the Foreign Office recently warned of violent riots in the USA, the situation has now calmed down somewhat. The demonstrations against police violence and racism would therefore be back to normal, so that the National Guard could be withdrawn in many places and the night curfews were lifted. However, it is the situation remains unstableaccording to the Federal Foreign Office. Vacationers should therefore continue to avoid demonstrations and crowds, follow the development of the situation in the media and follow the instructions of the security forces.
However, this still applies Entry ban imposed on March 13th for people who stayed in Germany or another Schengen state within 14 days prior to entering the USA. For its part, the federal government also declared some states in the USA to be due to high numbers of infections Corona risk area. This includes:
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South carolina
- South Dakota
- Puerto Rico
Update from June 3rd, 2020: Federal Foreign Office warns of violent riots
In addition to the corona crisis, the USA is currently also involved political demonstrations, which in many cases end in violent rioting, to do. Caused by the violent death of George Floyd after he was held down by a police officer. The Foreign Office warns travelers Avoid demonstrations and crowds widely as well as follow the current situation in the local media. In addition, people who are currently in the US should adhere to the local curfews and follow the instructions of the security forces.
Foreign Office with information on travel to the USA
The spread of the coronavirus has intensified in the USA Entry controls, health checks and entry bans result. The Federal Foreign Office would like to point out that an entry ban has been in effect since March 13, 2020 for people who have been in Germany or another Schengen state within a period of fourteen days before entering the USA. Excluded from the ban on entry are
- US citizens,
- Persons with permanent legal residence in the USA ("Green Card" holders),
- Close relatives of US citizens or persons with permanent legal residence in the US (spouse, parent, child or sibling under the age of 21),
- Diplomats or employees of international organizations.
Read here: Travel experts give hope: is a vacation trip possible again soon?
Visa and ESTA for the USA: Are there still any issued?
What is currently important to travel to the USA: The duration of the Entry restriction to the USA is not limited. So it is not certain when Germans will be able to travel to the USA again.
Due to the coronavirus crisis, the entire visa processing by the Foreign Ministry has been paralyzed for weeks. An entry authorization through ESTA is currently in question, so you should USA travelers read through the proclamation of the White House and find out about the current status from your travel agency or airline.
Read here: Saving on vacation: With these tips you can travel cheaply.
These are the main airports in the USA
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago O'Hare (ORD)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Denver (DEN)
- Detroit Metro (DTW)
- Fort Myers (RSW)
- Honolulu (Hawaii) (HNL)
- Houston (IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Minneapolis (MSP)
- New York (NYC)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Philadelphia International (PHL)
- San Diego (SAN)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Washington (WHAT)
Interesting too: Head of Carnival Cruises: "Cruise ships are not a source of coronavirus".
More from the USA: In Oklahoma a woman shot at an employee of a McDonald’s branch *. She refused to leave the branch despite the corona restriction.
A travel agency owner from Frankfurt is skeptical when vacation trips will be possible again. Nevertheless, he is not yet defeated.
* Merkur.de and fr.de are part of the nationwide Ippen-Digital editorial network.
- How do you say media in Afrikaans
- How are concave and convex mirrors used
- Does Bill Gates really have Asperger's Syndrome
- Provides iUV with random anonymous phone calls
- Why do I get excited so easily
- Why are movies more popular than comics
- What do Montenegrins think of Serbia?
- What are some tips for digital art
- What are the best aged scotch brands
- Which online site has good contacts on recipes
- What does the Irish flag look like
- Which supplements are the least effective?
- What is the national flower of France
- How many types of salts are there
- Why do people call their future children
- What are executable file extensions
- What is the best hair serum
- Why should astrology be treated as a science?
- How is the teacher training of Evolation Yoga
- How to make a successful game
- Gravity is a weak magnetic force
- How can I create an encrypted messenger
- Is the problem solution separate
- How did the Battle of the Somme begin?