What is a protective cell useful for?
Lock cells as protection
For example, suppose your manager wants you to protect an entire workbook, but also wants you to be able to change some cells after you turn on protection for the workbook. Before you enabled password protection, you had unlocked some cells in the workbook. After your manager finishes the workbook, you can lock these cells.
To lock cells on a worksheet, do the following:
Check the cells you want to lock.
click on the Home tab in the group Alignment click the little arrow to bring up the pop-up window Cells format to open.
Activate on the Protection tab that Check box Locked, and then click OK, to close the popup.
Note: If you try to follow these steps on an unprotected workbook or worksheet, the cells are already locked. That means the cells will be locked as soon as you protect the workbook or worksheet.
In the ribbon, select the tab Check in the group Changes either Protect sheet or Protect workbook then reapply protection. For more information, see Protect a Worksheet or Protect a Workbook.
Tip: It is recommended that you unlock the cells you want to change before protecting a worksheet or workbook, but you can unlock them after you have applied the protection. To remove protection, simply remove the password.
In addition to protecting workbooks and worksheets, you can also protect formulas.
Excel for the web cannot lock cells or specific areas of a worksheet.
If you want to lock cells or protect specific areas, click on In Excel Open and lock cells to protect them or to lock or unlock specific areas of a protected worksheet.
Do you need more help?
You can always ask an expert in the Excel Tech Community or get support in the Answers Community.
Lock or unlock specific areas of a protected worksheet
Protect a worksheet
Protect a workbook
Show or hide formulas
- Why should you buy real Windows?
- How do I start my TOEFL exam
- Like women 3-way sex
- How much does Wix SEO cost
- How do web crawlers rate websites
- Why is skill-based fitness important
- Which is better for learning software
- What do you think of Alibaba Cloud
- Does talent or money rule the world?
- Why are we studying business law
- Is PhO better nucleophile than OH
- Who Owns Ask com
- How is the truth finally told?
- How can I highlight text with HTML
- What is the best audio player for Android
- What equipment do I need for leveling?
- What is a facebook channel
- What are legal and just goods
- Where can I buy a good SMTP
- What is physical chemistry
- Which process is important for osmoregulation?
- What were your 12th CBSE points
- Can a minor buy Bitcoin in India
- EBay sells its own goods