Where do we get Zenq internship documents from

Language certificates

Anyone who speaks a foreign language usually has to do so in the form of a Language certificate, Language diploma or about one test prove - unless it is a mother tongue (for example for people growing up bilingual or multilingual). Language certificates are required both for work and for studying.

There are certificates and language diplomas for almost all foreign languages ​​and in a wide variety of designs. In order to be able to compare the results achieved in the language tests with each other, the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages developed. This divides the learner's language level into six different proficiency levels from A1 (beginners) to C2 (experts).

What language tests and certificates are there?

It depends on the foreign language you are talking about and the institute running the test. On these pages you will find information on language certificates for the following languages:

Universities and language schools serve most modern foreign languages ​​that are not overly exotic. The most famous language certificates for English are TOEFL and TOEIC in the university sector as well as for applications outside of Europe. There is also the Cambridge Certificate, which is awarded by the University of Cambridge and is recognized for applications of all kinds in English-speaking countries. English can also be tested via IELTS, in Germany the British Council is responsible for conducting the tests.

Language skills in German can be proven worldwide with the help of the tests at the Goethe-Institut as well as at most universities and language schools. in the Spanish DELE is the most famous certificate and French is usually tested in Europe via DELF, the procedure serves levels A1 to B2. Then DALF intervenes, which leads to level C2.

Other foreign languages

The language certificate for Japanese is based on the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages ​​and is called the Japanese Proficiency Test. in the Italian The language diploma bears the name PLIDA for all levels, as well as CELI (A2 to C2) and CILS (B1 to C2).

Different forms of language teaching

Knowledge of foreign languages ​​is demonstrated on the one hand by the school leaving certificates (in Germany for English, French and Italian, rarely Spanish or other foreign languages), on the other hand you can attend a language course at a language school at any time, undertake language trips or simply take an exam to prove that you have already acquired language skills undergo.

Most Language tests are internationally recognized and can be used both professionally and during studies. They not only determine the presence of language skills, but also determine the level at which the languages ​​are mastered. The European Framework of Reference serves as an orientation for the language tests, but there are also certificates that are not based on this standard.

Private language acquisition

Of course, there is also the possibility of further training privately through self-study, taking part in a language course with acquaintances or friends or taking part in a so-called. Educational leave prepare for a language test. However, if you want to take an exam, you should find out about the possible levels.

Depending on the language, there are different tests that prove language skills for different purposes. The structure of the exams is similar to the placement tests that precede most language courses: Existing ones are checked Abilities in listening comprehension, reading comprehension, independent expression, text formation, interaction and sometimes even visual comprehension.

Who needs which language certificate?

The question is not that easy to answer. There are different diplomas for different languages ​​and even for different countries that speak the same language. It always depends primarily on what it is needed for. In most languages ​​there are certificates that are more related to a university environment and are therefore preferably accepted or required by universities. Universities in England, for example, often require the Cambridge Certificate while universities in the USA often want to see the TOEFL as proof of language skills.

Who against it apply abroad would like to, should as a rule fall back on language certificates that are aimed at the professional world - in English, for example, TOEIC and the tests from the LCCI are included. Anyone applying abroad for study, training or a job should ask the relevant office which language certificate is required and take the corresponding test.

The costs the language tests and exams are very different - they vary from a few to several hundred euros. In some countries, consulates and embassies also offer language lessons and a final exam.