How can India learn feminism from Sweden
German foreign policy must become feminist
Berlin, June 9th, 2020. This year celebrates UN resolution 1325 Women, peace and security their 20th anniversary. Two decades ago, the international community first recognized that women's participation in peace processes is a major contributor to international security. The resolution also calls for protection from sexualised war violence and consistent prosecution. It is also crucial that the causes of violent conflicts are addressed. In autumn 2020 the Federal Government will present its Third National Action Plan for implementation. To ensure this succeeds, a broad civil society network consisting of 17 organizations has formulated specific recommendations, including medica mondiale, CARE Germany, the Center for Feminist Foreign Policy and the Gunda Werner Institute of the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
Central demand of the paper “The Agenda Women, Peace and Security. What counts is the implementation " is to realize gender equality in all political fields of foreign and domestic policy.
The agenda must not only be taken into account in German foreign policy, it must also be consistently implemented in Germany. This means, for example, that women and queer people are protected from sexual violence in refugee accommodation.
In the Third National Action Plan, the federal government should focus on the prevention of violent conflicts. This includes that gender relations are fundamentally taken into account when shaping politics, for example in the country analyzes of the Federal Foreign Office.
And last but not least: the German government's largely gender-blind reactions to the Corona crisis make it clear that there is still a long way to go. Development cooperation and humanitarian aid must better address the needs of particularly disadvantaged groups. Only in this way can they contribute to overcoming social inequality and sustainably prevent violent conflicts.
Since 2014, the Swedish government in particular has shown that a feminist foreign policy is possible. The Federal Foreign Office also cites Sweden as a role model. Nevertheless, there has so far been no coherent and transparent implementation of Agenda 1325 in Germany. Foreign Minister Heiko Maas wants to put gender equality in the focus of German foreign and domestic policy. The aim is to translate these ambitions into concrete measures with the Third National Action Plan. “The Women, Peace and Security Agenda. What counts is the implementation ”provides extensive assistance.
The participating organizations:
CARE Germany e.V.
Center for Feminist Foreign Policy
German Women's Ring e.V.
German Women's Council
German Foundation for World Population (DSW)
Women's Network for Peace e.V.
Gunda Werner Institute for Feminism in the Heinrich Böll Foundation e.V.
Handicap International e.V.
International Women's League for Peace and Freedom / Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
medica mondiale e.V.
OWEN - Mobile Academy for Gender Democracy and Peacebuilding e.V.
Plan International Germany e.V.
The Canaan Project
UN Women National Committee Germany e.V.
Women for Women International Germany
Sabine Wilke, CARE Germany, wilke (at) care.de, 0151 - 147 805 98
Nina Bernarding, Center for Feminist Foreign Policy, CFFP, [email protected], 0162 - 17 49 501
Dr. Ines Kappert, Gunda Werner Institute, GWI, [email protected], 0179 - 23 21 281
Helena Haack, medica mondiale, [email protected], 0221 - 93 18 98 25
- Which reversal patterns are most effective
- How do you learn to save effectively
- All atoms have the same size nucleus
- How do I become an IPTV reseller
- What are the most romantic lines
- How do you earn a double major
- Is Nick Cave really a Christian?
- English public schools have uniforms
- Who is yoga for
- What is a culprit dead
- Who is the guide of your life
- Who can see my schizophrenia medical records
- How great is God
- Do you eat vegetables
- Where does the mafia come from
- What is Euro VI 6
- Is Himalaya in Pakistan
- What is the placement scenario at skncoe
- What do you want to do tomorrow
- Why is Code Orange used
- What is an A * algorithm
- Can you crack a safe underwater
- What do we call RAC upper berths?
- Why should women take the initiative
- Do you like Pakistan PM Imran Khan
- When and where did the dance originate
- What are Methods of Avoiding Sales Taxes
- What is your Instagram username
- Counts the judgment as a compliment
- You can drive without power steering fluid
- What's the latest in home trends
- Which fruit name starts with GOOS
- Where is image processing used?
- Are liberals sympathetic to Iran