How are criminals interrogated in India
India: Indian doctor reportedly involved in 50 murders of taxi drivers
An Indian doctor is said to have been involved in at least 50 murders of taxi drivers and to have thrown their bodies to crocodiles to eat. The Indian police arrested the 62-year-old in New Delhi, as they announced on Sunday. During the interrogations, the doctor, who was trained in traditional Indian Ayurveda medicine, confessed to having been the mastermind behind 50 murders, according to police. But investigators believe he could be behind more than 100 murders. He is also said to have been involved in illegal kidney transplants and collected the equivalent of almost 8,000 euros each time.
The suspect was convicted of murder back in the 2000s
The man was reportedly sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of six taxi drivers in the city of Jaipur southwest of New Delhi in the early 2000s, but was later pardoned. He fled to New Delhi, where he married a widow. He was caught there on Wednesday - six months after he disappeared. Investigators in the Indian capital handed him over to the police in Jaipur.
According to a senior police officer, his criminal career began in the 1990s. At the time, he led a gang that stole gas canisters from trucks and often killed the drivers, said Rakesh Paweriya. In addition, the doctor had joined a syndicate that offered illegal kidney transplants. In 2004 he was arrested for alleged involvement in more than 125 such operations.
At the same time, his gang hired taxis in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, killed the drivers in remote locations and threw them into a canal full of crocodiles - the gang wanted to make sure the bodies were never found. They would have sold the cars later. So far, the doctor has only been convicted in some of these cases, in others the investigations are still ongoing, according to the police. More details were not known at first. (dpa)
You might also be interested in: 10 years after the taxi murder: It happened in broad daylight
- How much can I earn in Bangalore
- Are you male
- What are the advantages of the euro
- Is Treebo better than Oyo
- What is 3 8 in decimal form
- What is the SEZ for exporters?
- Who won the most Oscars in 1995
- What happens to London's nightclubs
- A Russian arrangement was finally found
- The word athletics is singular or plural
- Can beat Saitama better than Zeno
- What are the best creative writing books
- Is artificial intelligence really only if otherwise
- How does a woman regain hair
- Has Naruto ever lost in a fight
- What is Ghost Traffic in Google Analytics
- What are connection devices used for?
- What are bangs at the barber shop
- What is cactus milk
- What is a street lamp
- How do you answer the phone correctly
- What does Confucius say about human nature?
- What does the German word ein
- Why are there different forms of literature