Which is worse gel or acrylic nails
Acrylic or gel nails: what's the difference?
Beautiful fingernails are part of well-groomed hands. If your own nails break constantly, artificial fingernails are an alternative. Two different types are offered in the nail salons, both of which have advantages and disadvantages. We will help you with the decision and give you tips on nail care in our photo show.
How are acrylic nails made?
First of all, you should know that chemically speaking, both types of nails are made of acrylic. This fact often leads to confusion, especially since some nail salons use misleading terms.
The compound for acrylic artificial nails is not available as a finished product. It consists of a powder and a liquid - a mixture that is mixed immediately before the nail modeling. After mixing, the hardening process begins. The nail designer therefore has to process the mass quickly. Mixing and the need for rapid processing require experience.
Acrylic nails: advantages
- Acrylic nails are much more resistant than gel nails. This nail variant is particularly recommended for brittle nails or if you tend to bite your nails.
- Because of the harder material, a thin nail can be modeled. Acrylic nails therefore look more natural.
- Acrylic nails can be removed with acetone. Use products without acetone to dissolve nail polish so as not to damage the acrylic nails.
Acrylic nails: cons
- Applying acrylic nails is complicated. This system is therefore not suitable for home use.
- The smell when applying acrylic nails is annoying. In the meantime, however, there are also UV-curing liquids that hardly smell.
How are gel nails made?
The material of the gel nails is an acrylate that hardens when exposed to light. There are currently three systems on the market. Some systems require one gel to be applied; others use two or three different gels. Each layer cures under a UV lamp. The finished nail is softer than an acrylic nail.
Gel nails cannot be dissolved with acetone. If you no longer want to wear these, you will need to sand the artificial nail off your real nail with a file. Alternatively, you can regularly trim the front of the nail and let it grow out.
Gel nails: advantages
- Gel nails are easier to model, which is why you can make this variant yourself with a little skill at home.
- The cost of applying it in the nail salon is lower.
- The smell when applied is less annoying than with acrylic nails.
Gel nails: disadvantages
- Gel nails are often unnaturally thick. As it grows out, a step will become visible between your nail and the artificial nail.
- Gel nails are not as stable and resilient as acrylic nails.
- Removing them is time-consuming and puts a strain on the natural nail. After grinding, either a thin layer of plastic will stick to your nails or your own fingernails will be damaged.
Attention: When wearing artificial nails, caution is generally required! The real nail can tear off if you get caught with the artificial nail.
When discussing gel vs. acrylic, flammability does not matter. Due to the chemical relationship between the two substances, both types of nails do not burn.
Acrylic and gel nails cost
You can get gel nails for 40 to 50 euros, acrylic nails for 55 to 60 euros.
With the appropriate equipment, you can make gel nails yourself at home. Since it's difficult all by yourself, consider sharing the cost of equipment with a friend to get each other out. Starter sets are available in stores for as little as 50 euros. The gels provided are sufficient for around 30 to 50 nails.
Artificial nails for brittle nails?
For women with brittle fingernails, acrylic or gel nails can be a solution, according to the women's magazine "Brigitte". However, if you have cracked and thin nails, the acidic foundations and sanding down could be too taxing and make your fingernail health worse. It is therefore best to clarify this with your dermatologist before thinking about artificial nails.
- What kind of men are you intimidating?
- What's your best scone recipe
- How to install airbags
- What was Pink Floyd's lowest moment
- How was life in 1988
- A business analyst course is well worth it
- Psychopaths don't like people with depression
- Why am I a doormat
- What are the different types of fermenters
- How do I earn more money
- When will the government legalize the ranch
- Who destroyed the Abbasid caliphate?
- Where do I buy clothes
- Can people fake love
- What is Demi Lovato's most successful song
- What was the biggest robot ever built?
- Did Lyanna know that Rhaegar died fighting
- Has China Airline sockets
- Is SaaS in demand
- Is chicken broth essentially just bone broth
- How can adults learn French quickly?
- How USAA Subscriber Accounts Work
- Are you familiar with laparoscopic training
- Is Laos countryside clean safe