How does laughter help us?
Is laughter healthy?
The faster breathing increases the gas exchange threefold. The diaphragm tenses, causing the lungs to expand. When we then start laughing out loud, we force our breath out of our lungs suddenly at 100 kilometers per hour.
When you laugh, your lungs take in a lot of air. The oxygen gets into the red blood cells. The heart beats faster and pumps oxygen-rich blood around the body. The organism is very active for a short time. The metabolism is stimulated.
After the excitement caused by the fit of laughter, the body relaxes again. The arteries widen, the blood pressure drops again, and a state of relaxation follows. Laughter is also used medicinally: heart attack patients laugh under medical supervision, thereby reducing their blood pressure and thus the risk of another heart attack.
With laughter comes well-being. This can not only be felt subjectively, it can also be proven biologically. The center for feelings is in the limbic system, a region in the brain that is ancient in evolutionary history.
This is where happiness hormones (endorphins) are produced during laughter and enter the bloodstream. We notice that when the mood is rising. But laughing does something else in the body: while endorphins are released, the release of the stress hormone adrenaline is suppressed. The short-term changes in the hormonal balance can be so severe that they help relieve pain.
Laughing even stimulates the immune system. So-called antibodies, which the body needs to protect against bacteria and viruses, are newly formed. Laughter has at least three positive effects on the human body: the immune system is strengthened, the stress level drops and the hormonal surge also brings feelings of happiness.
- Is a professor higher than a doctorate
- Which video marketing platform do you recommend
- What is an underrated band song
- Can you take methadone if you are taking risperdol
- What is theta in physics
- Can choose women in Iran
- Which are the most innovative ski boots
- How is Freshman Housing at Kean University
- Can crash an operating system with little memory
- What is the best age to invest
- Are violin teachers overrated
- Why does paper go weak when wet
- She died 27 years ago
- How is homeopathy more effective than Ayurveda
- What is the final delivery
- What happens to eggs when they expire
- Is round earth theory is a conspiracy
- What is the advantage of concrete
- What are the ways to medicine
- How do I hire a crystal healer
- When was the first SEO algorithm started?
- Why is smoking allowed in US casinos?
- Why does civilization believe in gods?
- Hiring Bosch MCA graduates