What is an excise tax
The so-called special excise duties are indirect taxes. Excise taxes are levied on the consumption or use of individual goods specified by the legislator. The consumption tax has to be paid by the end consumer of a commodity and thus burdens the use of the consumer's income and assets. Unlike sales tax, for example, excise taxes are only levied on the actual consumption or use of certain goods.
You also want to save on taxes when you are self-employed. In the Billomat magazine you can find out whether you are entitled to a tax-free allowance for self-employed.
What types of excise tax are there?
The tax legislation in the Federal Republic of Germany knows a large number of indirect excise duties. Examples of uniform consumption taxes at the federal level are
- Beer tax
- Liquor tax
- Coffee tax
- Sparkling wine tax
- Energy tax (formerly mineral oil tax)
- Tobacco tax
- Electricity tax
When is the time of the collection of the excise duty?
A consumption tax is always charged when the goods subject to excise duty are introduced into the economic cycle and used or consumed in the tax area of the Federal Republic of Germany. Excise taxes regularly arise when goods are taken from a tax warehouse for consumption, when goods are imported from a third country and when goods from the tax-free circulation of other EU member states are imported into the tax area of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Tax debtors for consumption tax are usually the registered recipient of the goods, the person who imports the goods into the tax area and the ultimate recipient of the goods. It is true that the tax burden of Consumption tax generally hit the consumerHowever, in order to simplify the tax administration, excise duties are usually levied at the retailer or at the manufacturer of the goods. Manufacturers and retailers then have the option of passing the taxes on to consumers via the price of the goods.
How to avoid double taxation on excise duty?
A consumption tax paid on goods in the tax area of the Federal Republic of Germany can be reimbursed if these goods are transported to another EU member state. For example, if an importer imports whiskey from the United States, they will have to pay import sales tax and excise tax on that whiskey upon importation. If the whiskey is resold in another EU country, the importer can submit an application Reimbursement of excise tax so that the goods are not taxed twice.
Tax breaks for consumption taxes
The state grants under certain conditions Tax break for certain consumer goods. For example, if brandy is not used for the production of alcoholic beverages but for the production of medicines, the brandy is exempt from tax.
What criticism is there of the excise tax?
There is constant criticism of the collection of excise taxes. For example, the energy tax introduced a few years ago as a mineral oil tax double the tax burden for consumers. The mineral oil companies have to pay the energy tax on fuels to the state and pass this tax burden on to consumers via the price of the fuels. At the petrol stations, consumers then also have to pay sales tax, which in this case is also calculated for the amount of consumption tax included in the price. This creates a double tax burden for consumers. The same applies to practically all excise taxes.
- Who teaches calligraphy in Pune
- What can Herbalife products do
- Which company created the new DBS Banks website
- The pressure is inversely related to the height
- What is special about Ubud
- What will happen when Erdogan is dead
- Why is Michael Myers killing young children
- Iran will soon become a scientific superpower
- Klebsiella pneumonia is fatal
- A 46 credit score is bad
- I am a bad friend
- Who had the highest average
- How does a woman regain hair
- What do you think of Alibaba Cloud
- Which is the best rice in Bangalore
- Which online training is better
- How badly could diabetes affect your life
- What's your worst experience with Omegle
- Has Facebook AI Research considered introducing Tensorflow
- How good is football in Poland
- Are there psychic dreams
- How do you express your excitement in Swedish
- What are the ten most motivating books
- Why do children like to watch cartoons