How tender salt makes meat
Meat: should meat be salted before or after roasting?
“Just don't salt the meat before roasting it!” - This is a common kitchen wisdom. It is not that simple. There are a few rules about when and how meat should be salted and how it should be fried to keep it nice and juicy.
Where does the kitchen rule come from?
The process of osmosis can cause salted meat to lose water. If there are different concentrations of salt on the two sides of the meat membrane, the water will move to the salty side to make up for the difference. But that doesn't happen within seconds, it takes some time.
Salt and put in the pan
Therefore, if steak and schnitzel go into the pan immediately after salting, you don't have to worry about dry meat. The advantage: If the salt is fried, the meat gets a really spicy taste. As a precaution, you can only add salt afterwards to very sensitive foods that dry out particularly quickly, such as scallops or liver.
Or: soak in salt
However, if you leave the meat for a quarter of an hour after salting, osmosis begins and the meat loses moisture. But you can also use the osmosis process for yourself. A tip: Salt the meat vigorously at least twelve hours before roasting. Although the juice then emerges once, the structure of the meat molecules is also changed at the same time. This allows the meat to soak up the juice again and also absorbs salt in the process. The result is a juicy, tender and well-seasoned roast. You can even upgrade tough meat in this way.
Never cut meat in the pan
Incidentally, there is no point in searing schnitzel and steak particularly hot so that they stay juicy. The crust that is created when frying is by no means watertight. The only advantage of searing hot: the meat cooks faster and has less time to lose water. However, it is much more important not to pierce the meat with a fork or knife during preparation. Because then the juice comes out. It is best to first cut the meat on the plate.
- New Testament Christians were racists
- Why did Pablo Escobar get into politics?
- Is Google Pixelbook worth 1000
- How did the first AIDS virus come about
- How many counties are there in Alabama
- Are all Christians born again
- How important is money after marriage
- Silicon does not form multiple bonds like carbon
- Who was the first daemon
- How do you spot a fake hacker
- Is the exchange of specialist information an advantage?
- Noah had woodpeckers on the ark
- What is the purpose of the strategic goals
- Dear girls, men with a beard
- How important are internships for the internship
- Can I try 7 papers in IPCC
- Are introverts awkward towards other introverts
- Who killed more people than Adolf Hitler?
- OCD is considered a psychopath
- How do I dilute dried out mascara
- Life is hard in Alaska
- How do realism, naturalism and modernity differ?
- What does network pirate mean
- What is a barbell in a gym
- Ammonium is an organic molecule
- What hormones prepare the uterus for pregnancy
- Why are college football defenses so bad
- How and why did Circuit City fail
- Which is good to spend pennies on
- Is India great please explain
- How can we change agriculture with the help of technology?
- What was the first ad from Amazon
- Why does Lord Brahma have 4 faces
- How important is aviation technology